Are you considering creating video marketing content to drive engagement or brand awareness for your business?
Are you planning to produce a tutorial or an explainer video? Do you want the audience to take action after watching your video ads?
Knowing the purpose of your video early on will help you as part of the process and can impact all other decisions used to achieve that goal.
Although making your video content for your product or service isn't hard once you learn the fundamentals.
Once you understand the steps, the do's and don'ts, and how to expand your video content marketing goals, you can create affordable and effective professional videos. Then, who knows, perhaps you'll discover the formula for creating viral videos.
Before you start, ensure you have a budget for your video content. Investing in quality equipment and software can be expensive, so setting a realistic budget for yourself is crucial.
If you're serious about creating a working video strategy, this video marketing guide is for you.
TL;DR – How to Create Video Marketing Content on a Budget
- Discuss the purpose of creating the entire video with all stakeholders and agree on the video's direction.
- Investing in quality equipment isn't necessary, and you can find good editing software on a budget.
- Develop a storyboard and script independently or use freelancers from Fiverr and Freelancer to save on costs.
- Ensure content is unique, engaging, and true to your audience and brand.
- Use free or low-cost editing software to edit the video.
- Distribute the video through multiple social media channels and use the platform's metrics while developing your own metrics to track performance.
What is Video Marketing Content?
Video content marketing uses digital video to increase brand awareness, build relationships with customers and prospects, generate leads, and boost sales.
When done correctly, it can be highly effective in increasing website traffic, improving user engagement, generating leads, and ultimately driving more sales.
When creating a video for your marketing efforts, there are several components that you will need to consider.
- What type of video content to make
- Your equipment and software
- Developing a script for the video
- Ensuring that your content is unique and engaging for viewers
Why Should You Create Video Content for Your Business on a Budget?
Video advertising is more intricate and laborious than other media types and requires expertise and gear. Even in our current era, creating budget-friendly videos necessitates much professional knowledge.
A 2022 HubSpot Blog survey uncovered that nearly a third of video marketers consider an inadequate budget the most significant obstacle in creating video content. Yet, this statistic considers creating video content the “traditional” way.
Fortunately, there are many ways to make quality video content without breaking the bank. You can create professional-looking videos on a limited budget with the proper approach and helpful tips.
Video marketing improves SEO and boosts conversions and sales
Using interactive videos in your marketing campaigns helps you reach a larger audience by leveraging the power of visuals. In addition, video advertising is more engaging and can help to encourage viewers to take action, such as signing up for your newsletter or visiting your website.
Video marketing also enables businesses to be creative with their messaging, allowing them to stand out. As a result, video marketing has emerged as a reliable solution as customer acquisition cost rises for more than 60% of marketers.
In addition, (83%) of video marketers have seen leads increase. People love watching videos online.
Video is proving itself invaluable in transforming how businesses market and consumers shop—not only that, but it's also revolutionizing how salespeople convert prospects and service teams support customers.
Video content builds consumer trust
Mobile users are a catalyst for the rise in video usage. 91.9% will actively watch any video, while 31.3% and 29.8% specifically seek out how-to videos or educational content, respectively.
Service teams have various options when creating personalized customer support experiences:
- Onboarding videos
- Demo videos
- Knowledge-based tutorials
- Explainer videos
- Behind-the-scenes content
Millennials and Gen Z individuals have an appetite for knowledge beyond what corporations can teach them.
According to research by HubSpot, customers favor “authentic” videos of lesser quality over highly-polished material, which appears insincere.
In addition, individuals from these generations yearn to learn from their peers rather than solely relying on corporate sources as the sole source of wisdom and guidance.
This is another reason why “budget” video content should be viewed as an asset rather than a liability.
Google loves video content marketing
Google has made some recent changes to its algorithm, don't believe us; you can see it here straight from the horse's mouth. Content creators are scrambling to discover what E.E.A.T. means.
Regardless, the quality rater guidelines emphasize “experience” more than expertise, authority, and trustworthiness. And since Google owns YouTube, those guidelines will continue to blend into the video marketing world.
Video content is vital in creating such experiences, enabling businesses to accurately present their services and products.
Not only that, but the video also helps to create a connection with your audience, giving them a better understanding of what you offer. So, it seems logical then that businesses should focus on video content.
The new changes further solidify that User-Generated Content (UGC) content may be one of the most effective ways forward.
What are the Benefits of Creating Marketing Videos?
There are numerous benefits to creating marketing videos, including increased reach, improved brand awareness, and higher engagement. Additionally, video content can help you establish trust and rank on search engines; aside from that, video has many other benefits.
Easier format to share on social media platforms
Companies who want to stay ahead of the curve no longer have the option to ignore video marketing. Video ads have become one of, if not the most influential, content types on social media.
However, video content marketing is better at connecting with consumers and fostering engagement.
Social videos on platforms like YouTube and TikTok have always been powerful sources for live video, proving their effectiveness.
Social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram, are heavily emphasizing video content and not as much on traditional social media posts.
Get more exposure and engagement
Videos are far more engaging than photographs on social media and generate a whopping 1,200% more shares than text and image content.
In addition, videos can subconsciously imprint messages in viewers' minds as they retain 95% of the content, while only 10% of information is retained when reading it in plain text.
Nowadays, videos can be found everywhere in the social media world:
- Instagram Reels
- Facebook stories
And video content in the form of live video, explainer video, and other content marketing types is easier and less expensive than at any other time.
However, no amount of marketing will matter if you can't speak to your audience. Standing out requires creating video content that resonates with your target audience.
Stand out from your competitors
Increased online usage has enabled service providers to scale their businesses rapidly. Unfortunately, this has led to a surge in competition, making it increasingly difficult for companies to stand out and make an impact on potential customers.
Videos can quickly capture consumer attention, pique interest, and attract potential customers.
Video is more personal and establishes a connection
Words are powerful, but a video can create an even stronger connection between your company and its audience.
Video content allows you to show rather than tell, allowing customers to understand better what your company is all about.
Video content can help you connect with your customers more personally, allowing them to get to know you and your brand.
It's a great way to build trust and gain their loyalty and provides helpful information about your product or service in an interesting way.
Content in video format appeals to mobile users
If someone is watching YouTube videos or videos online, they are more likely to finish it if it's concise. Unfortunately, people have become increasingly busy, and attention spans have decreased, making capturing their attention with content harder.
This means video ads are the ideal format for mobile viewers, who are 1.5 times more likely to watch daily from their smartphones on YouTube than their computers.
This brings us to the next point; marketing videos don't have to have high-end production quality. There's no need to break the bank to produce an eye-catching video
Buying Video Product Equipment and Software for Every Budget
When creating video content, people fear not having high-end equipment will lead to poor video quality. However, the good news is that you don't have to spend a fortune to start your video campaign. Instead, you can get started with your smartphone.
For example, the current iPhone 14 Pro can record 4K video at 24 frames a second. If you have a Samsung device, such as the S23 or S20 line, you can shoot up to 8K videos.
Any budget video content would require the following:
- A camera – use your smartphone or a webcam to record videos.
- A Microphone – depending on the type of content you're creating, it's crucial to have good quality audio. So check for Audio-Technica, Shure, Rode, and Blue smartphone microphones.
- Lighting – lighting is essential for creating professional-looking videos.
- Video Editing software – this is essential for putting together your finished product.
Investing in the right equipment and software allows you to create a great video on a budget. While some of these items may seem expensive initially, they will pay off in the long run and help you create content your audience finds engaging.
How to Create a Video Marketing Strategy for Your Business
Before producing, filming, or editing anything for your video content marketing, take the time to develop a plan. This is essential as each decision you make throughout the video creation process should focus on achieving your audience's purpose and desired outcome as cost-effective as possible.
In addition, preemptively establishing a unified purpose for your project will save you from the time-consuming process of repeated shoots, reframing, and edits.
Choose your target audience and find out where they spend their time
If you don't know who your content is targeting, it's hard to create something that resonates with them. First, research and identify your ideal customer by following the steps below.
- Create buyer personas – This creates a profile of your ideal customer. Your buyer personas should include how the consumer may think or feel and their concerns about how your service fulfills their hopes, expectations, plans, and beliefs.
- What platforms do they use -Once you know your audience, determine the best means of reaching them. This could include live videos on social media platforms and other online channels. Understanding how they take in information will help you create content that doesn't waste your resources and reaches them.
- What are their interests – You can tailor your message and visuals specifically for them, so it is more likely to make an impact. For example, writing a blog post and videos related to those topics can help you create content that resonates with them.
Connect with your business leaders to agree on a plan
Once your target audience is in place, collaborate with other business leaders to agree on brand messaging, content direction, timeline, and budget. This will ensure everyone is on the same page and working together towards a common goal. Working as a team to create your video content strategy will help you move forward with confidence and clarity.
With numerous participants in producing a video, how can you guarantee that each individual's motives and ambitions are aligned? For the best possible results, it might be advantageous to craft a survey with Google Forms and submit it to all involved in the project.
As you begin your video marketing journey, deciding on objectives is essential. Do you want to build recognition for your brand? Sell more tickets to an event? Introduce a new product or service in the market. After viewing the video, ensure that viewers are well-informed on what steps they should take next.
Set a timeline and budget for the content
Consider video as a streamlined and more economical version of your favorite movie. Even though it requires fewer resources to succeed, the process can still be lengthy and costly. However, you can conserve time and money through thoughtful planning and management.
Establish a comprehensive timeline for each process stage and account for potential delays. For example, producing even brief promotional videos necessitates collaboration.
Therefore, you prepared for obstacles or alterations to ensure your final product is delivered when anticipated.
Are you contracting any services?
As discussed, creating a branded video requires serious consideration of all the steps involved. When selecting the right professionals to trust with your project, you should take a few moments to research their credentials and past work.
When looking for services you will outsource, check whether the professionals are comfortable with your budget.
You should also consider how long it will take them to complete their portion of the project since you don't want your video marketing campaign to be delayed.
- Scriptwriting – Scriptwriting requires considerable research to ensure your marketing video is compelling. Try to craft a succinct and straightforward script, as viewers don't want to sit through lengthy explanations or monologues. Scriptwriting services can be found on freelance platforms.
- Hiring video talent or voiceover artists – To make your video come alive, you'll want to hire people who can act or provide the narration. For budget-friendly options, consider filming a few members of your staff. Many AI text-to-audio generator services are also available if you need voiceover services.
- Video editing process – Editing a video is the most labor-intensive part of the process. If you lack experience or resources, many editing services are available online, depending on your budget. If you would rather DIY, you should be able to find a YouTube channel with free video editing tutorials. Hopefully, you're fortunate enough to have a video editor on hand.
Choose your video marketing platform
Before making your video, think about where you will broadcast it.
- Is SEO important on that video platform?
- Will you be able to track the success of your video?
- Are there any other features that are important to you?
Don't forget to consider what the platform users are searching for when scanning for video content. You'll also want to consider the following:
- Size and sound limits
- The Community
- Average view times
Remember, videos don't promote themselves, so leave a little in the advertising budget.
Expect viewers to watch your videos without sound
Remember, when creating a video that many people watch videos without sound. So ensure your visuals are powerful enough to attract viewers and drive the point home.
You can also add captions to your videos, so people don't have to turn the sound on.
Shoot video that works on many different screen sizes
Ultimately, your videos may be viewed on various screen sizes; people view videos on their phones, tablets, and computers.
Your videos must look as good on a phone screen as on a desktop. If your content is on your website, ensure your web pages are mobile-friendly.
Use web-based tools
In today's digital world, if there is something you want to do, chances are that you can find a tool for it online. Video production is no exception.
Unfortunately, if you're a startup or small business, getting your hands on high-quality video content can be difficult.
Fortunately, countless apps and web-based tools can make the process more affordable.
- Use PowerPoint – PowerPoint can be invaluable for creating compelling video content. It's inexpensive and easy to use. With a few simple tweaks, you can produce excellent video content at a fraction of the cost.
- Use Free tools to create animated videos – Have a limited budget and can't afford to hire actors or pay for expensive equipment? Then, consider using animated videos as your go-to video content marketing tool. Animation is pervasive, and it's easier than ever to create.
- Use a royal-free video site – Many sites are available online if you're looking for royalty-free stock footage. These sites offer various options covering business, travel, and nature. Plus, the footage can be downloaded in multiple formats, making it easy to use in video marketing. Try sites like Pixabay, Dareful, and Visplay.
Decide how to track video metrics
When you initially set out to create your video marketing strategy, you likely had some predetermined goals. However, as production progresses, these goals can sometimes shift.
To ensure clarity and comprehension amongst viewers, it's best if each video has one or two objectives.
Next, let's talk about metrics.
Knowing the ins and outs of video analytics will provide you with the tools to set and evaluate your objectives. When it comes to videos, you may be tempted to get fixated on views, but there's so much more that can assess if your content was effective.
Use the platform's metrics
Each platform has its own metrics, so take advantage of them. For instance, YouTube analytics will give you detailed info related to the demographics of your viewers, the channels they use to access your content, and more.
While platform metrics are helpful, they don't always tell the whole story. Consider tracking more granular metrics to understand further how your video is performing.
Make a list of metrics
Finally, by tracking the metrics that matter most to you, you can easily measure the success of your video concerning your goals.
Depending on what you're trying to achieve, some metrics that could be helpful include:
- Click-through rate
- Completion rate
- Average watch time
- Conversion rate
- Bounce rate
- Return visits
Three Tips to Promote Your Budget Video Content
Just because you create a fantastic video doesn't mean people will watch it. You have to get your video in front of the right people and convince them to watch it.
You can take a few simple steps to promote on a budget.
Use social media platforms to get the word out about your videos. Post them on all major social networks to boost their visibility. Additionally, you can join relevant groups and share your content with them.
Once you create a video, make sure the title is SEO-friendly. Use keywords that people will likely search for, and include the name of your business in the title. This way, you can easily be found when someone searches for related terms.
Other tips you can try are:
- Optimize your video's thumbnail – When you upload a video, the thumbnail often makes all the difference in whether or not viewers will click and watch the video. To make a good impression, it's essential to pick one that accurately reflects the content of your video.
- Add a share button to your video player – Make it easy for people to share your videos. Adding a “Share” button to the video player lets viewers spread the word about your content.
- Use it in your email marketing emails – After you have posted your video, don't forget to use it in your email campaigns. Embed the video into an email template. While email marketing has a high ROI, adding video has a 300% higher ROI than traditional email marketing.
- How to Download YouTube Videos the Easy Way (PC, Mac & Phone) – Boost your video content.
- Essential Elements of Good Content Marketing – What it takes to make an impact.
- Best Social Media Management Tools in 2022 (Ranked & Reviewed) – Tools to promote your video content.
Creating Compelling Video Marketing Content Wrap-up
Creating video marketing content on a budget can be tricky, but you can easily succeed with creativity and the right strategies. Focus on setting clear objectives, tracking the right metrics, and promoting your content on social media platforms to get the most out of your videos.
As with all content marketing, stay true to your brand and your audience, and you'll be able to reach them in an engaging and cost-effective way.